Welcome to The Pink Orchid Blog! This blog is an extension of my YouTube Channel. Here you can find background information on my posted videos. Also there are some articles you can read that I have written in the past before I started to focus mainly on my Dutch Beautyblog and on vlogging in English over at YouTube.

Follow The Pink Orchid On:

Follow Me on Twitter’ Twitter Atom/RSS Bloglovin'

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Up Close & Personal; Diary-entry 4: No Way I'm Going NAKED

Hoity-toity stuff
Butt Massage. Now what are you thinking when I say that? Well, believe me we we're all thinking the same thing. Nobody looked forward to having to lie there half naked or massaging someone else’s butt.
The fear began early that morning. Rumors flew through the classroom, people whispering to each other: ‘Is it true we’re going do a butt massage today?’ –‘Yes, I’ve heard that too, I SO don’t want to do that.’ Rumors continued through the theory lesson and both our breaks. By the time we had our ‘big break’  there was complete hysteria at the table. Someone even claimed that she had been having nightmares of it for two weeks. Of course we could laugh at that, but we still everyone felt the painful sarcasm in that laugh. Person after person dropped out sentences like that. And me too, because NO WAY I’M GOING NAKED!! And who the hell would even think to schedule a butt massage at the Beauty Therapist?  I just could not imagine anyone saying  ‘ I’m gonna have a relaxing butt massage this day!’ or ‘I have had such a great butt massage!’ Unimaginable that someone would want to pay for such a horror, or even worse ‘like’ it!

Now normally I’m not so prudish but this went even a little bit too far for me. Being naked is one thing but then having a stranger (well not complete stranger this time but still) rub your (yes I’m just gonna say this bluntly) ass  is just a little too far out of my comfort zone. But you know I could get over all of  that if it really adds something to my education. Waxing ain’t really my thing either, but I didn’t fret that much about it even though I’d let my fellow students push my buttons just a bit. But this just doesn’t feel like it adds something, even better I wouldn’t be surprised if doing this in June (when I have to perform a massage during an exam) is the last time I’ll ever do that massage in my entire life. Unfortunately it’s really mandatory, so I had very little choice.

The Massage

I finally had myself all mentally prepared. I was toughened up and ready to go. Told myself to stop whining: no it's not comfortable and no I don't see the point of it, but I'm gonna do this whether I like it or not. And guess what?.. ‘Today we’re going to school in the back massage’. Well others were relieved, I was completely annoyed, I’d rather just have it over with. I honestly believe our teachers like to torment us sometimes. I had to go through all that hoity-toity stuff of the entire morning for nothing! Now I’d have to go through that all again next week.

So we did the back massage, which was quite fun. Back massages are great to get aha but also not to bad to perform.  But in the end I ended up with more back pain instead of gotten rid of it. Reason? The treatment-chair can’t lie completely flat, so your back is actually in a small angle and believe me having to lie like that for 2 hours ain’t that pleasant. But sometimes I can be a whiner, because you get a free back massage, who wouldn’t want that?.

The usual stuff.. blah, blah.. public transportation..blah, blah, blah.. Oh wait, no actually not!

AND this time I had a nice experience with public transportation! First I didn’t have to pay, the bus chauffeur turned on the public transportation card port (geez what a word!) too late and I entered without checking in. And then when it finally worked a few minutes later he never bothered to tell me to check in. So free-ride! Next bus I didn’t have the same luck. But going back was great: no public transportation at all. Jeeh! I’m now riding along with a fellow student who was so nice to offer. I still have to take a bus after that to get home, but it’s only one and not two and so much closer to home.  And I was able to take the cheap bus, since my practice-partner and I are switching turns on taking all the supplies with us, so no trolley this time either! Lucky me, right? I’m proud to present I spend a total of 3 bucks on public transportation instead of the 14 I spend normally.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment