Welcome to The Pink Orchid Blog! This blog is an extension of my YouTube Channel. Here you can find background information on my posted videos. Also there are some articles you can read that I have written in the past before I started to focus mainly on my Dutch Beautyblog and on vlogging in English over at YouTube.

Follow The Pink Orchid On:

Follow Me on Twitter’ Twitter Atom/RSS Bloglovin'

Friday, March 25, 2011

Review: Max Factor Lipfinity Lip Tint Pen 'Nice 'n Nude'


What does the official website say about this product?

Lipfinity Lip Tint Pen has a non-transferable water based formula that doesn't just sit on top of your lips but permeates the upper layers for a stunning kiss-proof effect. And its nifty pen applicator is perfect for precise application so you can build up the color as much as you dare or keep it light and simple – you're in control!

In which shades does this product come?
It comes in 8 different colors. Pink Princess, Berry Burst, Marshmallow, Royal Plum, Nice ‘n Nude, Latte, Passion Red & Mystical Mauve.  The one I’m reviewing is Nice ‘n Nude.



Why did I buy this product?
This week I saw the commercial of Max Factory Lipfinity Lip Tint Pen on Dutch television and I was fascinated. I’ve heard of lip stains before, but since I never saw them in any of the drugstores I usually go to I never bought one. So I was really excited that Max Factor now had their very own lip stain, since that's a brand available in most drugstores..
And they did. I have quite a history with buying lipsticks in the wrong colors, so when I found I couldn’t try on the product in the store I decided to go safe and pick the nude one: Nice & Nude.


How did I experience using this product?
Now I can’t take a product home without trying it out immediately. So after lots of frustration of removing the plastic wrapper I put the ‘pen’ to my lips. Quite a strange thing to do since it so much different from lipsticks or lipglosses. It looked exactly like a felt –pen, the name of this product describes it perfectly, they chose it very well.  Applying also felt very much like drawing in the lines with a felt-pen. I liked how much control that gave me, normally it costs me a lot of effort not getting the lipstick/gloss all over my face. Even the ‘heart’ of my lips was no problem at all, I don’t think I ever got that shape right as fast as with this product.  Though of course when I had to apply it again later on for the photo I screwed up majorly as you can see :p.
But once I had the color on my lips I noticed two things. One: the color on my lips was nowhere near even, a problem I never faced with lipstick or lipgloss. It might help a bit to scrub your lips first, because the color seemed to be much darker on parts where my lips were peeling (I have dry, chapped lips).Two: I bought a nude shade, yet the color was very red. So I don’t know how they came up with calling the color ‘nude’. Now I have to say, that later I read on the Max Factor website that you’re supposed to build the color up through layering. So apparently I put on many layers. But still, you could call every shade of this line ‘nude’ if you only apply a very thin layer. You know, if this shade is nude I wonder what the berry, pink and red shades look like. Luckily the color suited me, which is a miracle because I always have very much trouble fitting a color to my skintone.

Before
After applying
After an hour
How did I experience wearing this product?
After applying the ’lip tint’ I decided to put it to the test: how long will the color last? I had dinner and took something to drink. Before I did that my lips were very red, and after that most of the color was gone, so it’s not that ‘longlasting’ at all. I also did a ‘tissuetest’ which you can see in the pictures below. The color didn’t fade much after it, but when I had dinner and something to drink the color was almost completely gone. That the color fades so fast was a big disappointment, I had expected more from this because it was supposed to permeate the upper layers of the lip. There was also another thing I noticed after I put on this product and that were my dry lips, yet it was still better than the sensation of thick goo on my lips like I have with lipstick or lipgloss. A thing I found very surprising was that the color doesn’t leave traces on glasses or moves itself toward the edges of your lips which causes that familiar ugly line around your lips, something I didn’t expect after the result of the ‘tissuetest’ since it did leave a stain on the tissue.   






 







Will I keep using the product and would I buy it again?
Yes I will keep using it, but probably in combination with lipbalm like Labello or Vaseline Lip Therapy. And I would also buy it again, I might even buy more colors in the near future. I did certainly not regret buying this.

How much does this product cost?
I got it with discount because the product was introduced into Dutch stores this week, so I paid 9,-.
Normally the product would cost you 11,99,-/£7,99/$16,-

Where can you buy this product?
At almost every drugstore, no matter which country.

How high do I rate this product?
I give it a 3 out of 5. I am satisfied with this product, it’s a nice addition to my lipstick collection. The design and usage of this product gets a very big plus. But I’m disappointed with how long the color lasted on my lips and the uneven coverage.




The great wonderful world of advertising! *uhum* Exactly the same shot but with different lip tint colors and the lighting is different. Now how is that possible? Geez, I wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment