Welcome to The Pink Orchid Blog! This blog is an extension of my YouTube Channel. Here you can find background information on my posted videos. Also there are some articles you can read that I have written in the past before I started to focus mainly on my Dutch Beautyblog and on vlogging in English over at YouTube.

Follow The Pink Orchid On:

Follow Me on Twitter’ Twitter Atom/RSS Bloglovin'

Monday, March 28, 2011

The Brush Guard

One Year Later: Old versus New

Ever since Michelle Phan used them in one of her videos ‘The Brush Guard’ shot to fame. And even I, yes I admit, after watching her video became enthusiastic about this product. I bought the brush guards one year again and have loved them from the very beginning. They keep my brushes perfectly in shape, no more annoying hairs sticking out of the brushes. Also no more fear of dissolving glue when you dry your brushes because you can dry your brushes upside down.

But a few weeks ago I noticed that the Brush Guards didn’t look so great any more, they had become quite dirty (and I couldn’t get them clean) and they had also lost most of their flexibility.  Even though the package said that fraying of the guards wouldn’t not affect their effectiveness I personally found they didn’t do their job of holding the brushes in shape quite as well as they used to do. No problem, because they’re not at all so expensive. I bought myself 4 new sets: 2 eyeliner packs, 1 foundation and 1 blush pack. And when I unpacked them I was quite amazed at how big the difference is between those and the older ones. And the difference is very evident even on the photos. 

The packs I purchased:



Old versus New:

Foundation

Blush

Eyeliner
Upper = old, lower = new
The difference is very visible here
~

No comments:

Post a Comment