Welcome to The Pink Orchid Blog! This blog is an extension of my YouTube Channel. Here you can find background information on my posted videos. Also there are some articles you can read that I have written in the past before I started to focus mainly on my Dutch Beautyblog and on vlogging in English over at YouTube.

Follow The Pink Orchid On:

Follow Me on Twitter’ Twitter Atom/RSS Bloglovin'

Friday, March 25, 2011

Up Close & Personal: Diary-entry 2; Waxing Course

We've reached part 2 of my Diary of a Beauty Therapist Student Series and it's... waxing! Here is how I experienced my 5th day of school.
 
The @ school part 

Hair! Pain! Lots of sticky stuff! Okay, what did we do this time at the practice lesson? One guess!
Yes, of course: Waxing! But I’ll admit it wasn’t all as bad as I thought. I’ve let all kind of scary stories get to me, brainwash me and it had me shivering with fear the last minutes before the moment of truth. And that while I didn’t see it as a big thing before I heard all those stories.  After all I survived a epilation treatment, even better: I depilate every week in Summer, so how bad can this be? Well very bad if you have to believe everyone around you. Horror stories about blood, blisters, wounds and tearing off skin did awaken the fear in me. 

And as our teacher showed us how to wax several body parts I got fairly nervous to say at least. The temperature seemed to keep rising and rising as my blood pressure started to drop and drop. Okay maybe I’m a little over-exaggerating but I know myself, I’m a huge wimp.  I fainted when I got my nose and belly button pierced and even if I just catch a winch of the smell in a doctor’s office my blood pressure drops like a ton of bricks and I really have to pull myself together. 
But to be honest most of my fear was not due to the fact I was getting my armpits waxed in the next few hours, I had to wax someone else. With shaking hands I applied the wax to the legs of my victim, there was no going back from there. And as I pulled it off, it was not my practicing partner who screamed or looked in agony, no it was me who was clenching her teeth and me that had a look of horror on her face. It was worse for me than it was for her! But we were all smiles from there. We laughed our way through the rest of the treatment, we were both very relaxed and very sticky with wax.:P It went quite well for the first time, of course I made some mistakes. For one I totally forgot one knee haha, but for the most part her legs were hairless. 

But then it was my turn. And of course I chose the most painful area to get waxed: armpits. ‘Why?’, I hear you asking. Well simply, because I was glad to get rid of those hairs, no matter the cost. The jungle under my arms was reeking of sweat and the itching was driving me crazy. ‘So just get rid of it already’ was my only thought when I offered my armpits up. As my partner started, it didn’t go so well at first, she pulled and pulled but didn’t get the hairs out. The hair was growing in all directions, so it was really hard to get it right. But luckily she caught on real fast after our teacher helped out a bit. Within an hour I was rid of most of the hair under my armpits. Some hairs didn’t co-operate, but they were just too tiny but nothing a bit of tweezing wouldn’t solve. After everything,  I’m very pleased with the idea that I have to do very little about my armpits in the next month.:D


The traveling part

So how was the rest of my day? Well, I start to think the escalators at Central Station are out to get me. Last week they didn’t work , but I had a nice man carry my trolley up the entire stairs. And this week the damn things didn’t work again, no even worse: one escalator worked, one didn’t. And guess which one didn’t work? The one up of course! Are you #$% kidding me?! There I stood with my huge and heavy trolley and this time my knight in shining armor was nowhere to be found. So I had to walk all to the back and take the elevator. Not a big thing you would say. But the elevator in question is a construction elevator, which is synonym for reeking of piss. Not very pleasant.

And for the rest, it’s always a nightmare having to drag my trolley in and out a bus and to sit with it in the bus, no different this time. This time the problem lied somewhere else. I checked out with my public transportation card, but it didn’t bleep like it should, so I tried again. And that way I checked myself in again. Stupid! But I thought it may be solved when I checked into my next bus, because the thing might be able to see that I was still at the same place and didn’t go anywhere with the bus. But of course then the check-in device in my next bus chose that exact time to have an error, so we could ride free with that bus. Normally just great, but now the problem is that I’m home, one day later, and I’m still checked in at the central station in Utrecht.  As if public transportation isn’t expensive enough, now it cost me an extra 4 euros. *Sigh*

But over-all the day was not that bad. Had a lot of fun at school and I think I’ll never get to like the ride to school and home as long as I have to take that stupid trolley. 

The before & after pictures

Okay, are you ready to see the results? Warning! This might gross you out. Here are the before and after pics:
                                     


No comments:

Post a Comment