Welcome to The Pink Orchid Blog! This blog is an extension of my YouTube Channel. Here you can find background information on my posted videos. Also there are some articles you can read that I have written in the past before I started to focus mainly on my Dutch Beautyblog and on vlogging in English over at YouTube.

Follow The Pink Orchid On:

Follow Me on Twitter’ Twitter Atom/RSS Bloglovin'

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Up Close & Personal; Diary-entry 3: No School

I should have known it was coming. It happens to me almost every time. Whenever I have a holiday I get ill. And when it’s my birthday, I’m either ill or will be next day. And now I had spring break AND it was my 20th birthday. So guess what? I was ill... It started with my throat, in the evening it felt like there was something sharp stuck in my throat and the next day I completely lost my voice. The result: had to cancel singing lessons. Now, I could live with that as long as I get my dose of ‘tonsiotreen’ every hour. That was one day before my b-day. I had planned to go shopping on my birthday and a little thing as a throat infection wouldn’t stop me. 

So next day I went shopping in Utrecht, all by myself because, well just because I can. Shopping didn’t go so well, first I discovered that prices were twice as high as they were the last time. And that while I was shopping for spring clothes, aren’t they supposed to be cheaper than winter clothes? I guess not. I fell in love with a beautiful blazer I spotted at the H&M, but it was too expensive. After visiting numerous shops without finding anything that could please me, I decided to give up and just go back to my good old friend ‘Wonderwoman by Coolcat'. I could swear I was going crazy because I just couldn’t find the store and I was 100% it had been there.  There’s also a normal 'Coolcat' store in Utrecht so I went there to ask, apparently the store had closed because it didn’t make enough profit. I totally had it be then and was ready to just go home. 
 
So I went up the stairs up to ‘Hoog Cathrijne’ which I have to go through in order to get to the station. And there I saw a store I had visited some times before but didn’t think too much of. Yet I thought I could give it a try, because they aren’t so expensive and they had discount on pants. Left the story 45 minutes later with 2 pantalons, 1 hotpants and a dress. For just a little over 100 Euros, that’s not too bad. Though I did have a little negative experience while I was in the store, they had 10 Euros discount if you bought 2 pair of pants, whatever pants you wanted. So I had 2 pants: 1 pantalon and 1 hotpants, and suddenly I had to pay more than I expected. They said the discount didn’t count for hotpants, well I’m sorry but aren’t hotpants pants? Anyway still left that store with a bunch of stuff so it still made my day though. 

By then I was out of money so I took the bus home and in the bus home it was a nightmare. I suddenly felt terrible. Huge headache and it felt like my face was stuffed with cotton. Yep, I caught an enormous cold. I didn’t have one like that in a long time. Had to cancel lots of things, but still had to work, I had no choice but boy did I feel awful.

It’s now getting better luckily, I have my voice back and no more enormous headache. I had planned to go to school, but yesterday I felt pretty bad again and since we only had theory and not practice I decided it was better to stay home and sicken out. Next week is gonna be a though schoolday because we’re gonna do butt and backmassage, so I’d rather skip one theory lesson so that I will feel up to the practice lesson again next week. So I called my fellow student Esther that morning, she must be one of the nicest persons ever. She was not only so kind to tell our teacher I wouldn’t be coming, no she also offered to send me a copy of her notes and I didn’t even have to ask! Some of my fellow students are just the best! They’ve been so sweet to me, it’s more than I could have ever hoped for when I started with the study Beauty Therapy. I promise next week you will get a story about my schoolday instead of a story about shopping and being ill haha.   

~

No comments:

Post a Comment