Welcome to The Pink Orchid Blog! This blog is an extension of my YouTube Channel. Here you can find background information on my posted videos. Also there are some articles you can read that I have written in the past before I started to focus mainly on my Dutch Beautyblog and on vlogging in English over at YouTube.

Follow The Pink Orchid On:

Follow Me on Twitter’ Twitter Atom/RSS Bloglovin'

Friday, April 1, 2011

Tips on Growing Back your Eyebrows




<-- Do your eyebrows look something like this?
      
   But you want them to look more like this? -->

Then here are some useful tips!

 

1. Lock away your tweezers.  
Give them to someone else to hold on to for all I care. This one is really essential, I know from experience. If you are anything like me then you've got your tweezers lying near a mirror. That makes it very easy to give into the temptation of plucking your eyebrows every time you look in the mirror.  If you can’t keep far away from your tweezers then keep your tweezers far away from you. 



 
2. Buy eyebrow templates or/and an eyebrowpencil. 
Filling in your eyebrows is what is most likely to get you through the long time it takes to grow back your eyebrows. Involve the growing hairs in your eyebrow shape during the growing process. If you make the eyebrow shape you’ve envisioned for yourself (the reason you’re growing your eyebrows back) you’ll also be constantly reminded of what you’re doing this for.



3. Help nature a bit and fasten your hairgrowth with products.  
There are many different products, from expensive brand-products, to supplements to cheap nature-products. These are some products you can choose from:

      Brand-products
Talika Eyebrow Lipocils
Eyebrow Lipocils is a gel that you have to apply to the hair-roots, you really have to  get your skin wet, about once or twice a day.
This product’s effects are actually clinically proven, at least it says so on the website. But since I don’t buy that so easily I checked some reviews and couldn’t find a negative one anywhere. Yep, this actually seems to work. And it better, since it will cost you €31,40. It’s available at Douglas and through the Talika website




LiLash: LiBrow
This one is a lotion that not only stimulates growth but also slightly darkens your eyebrows. Again, a lot of reviews of people who swear that it works. And again, it’s not that cheap.  You can buy LiBrow for  a shocking $139,75! It’s available through Amazon and the LiLash site.

Supplements




Biotin
Biotin is a naturally occurring mineral. It’s mostly taken to make hair on your scalp grow faster, but it works just as well for your eyebrows. Two birds with one stone, right? It’s available at drugstores at about $10 if I’m not mistaken.




 

MSM 
I have some personally experience with this. After two weeks of taking these supplements I got numerous compliments on my eyelashes, while I actually took this for my joints. I didn’t really take notice of any change in my eyebrows, but I guess that’s because I used to pluck a lot when I took this. My nails also looked much better, but I didn’t take this long enough to notice a change in the growth of the hair on my head.
MSM is a natural occurring organic form of sulfur, that sounds scary but it can be found in raw vegetables and fruits.  You can buy this supplement at drugstores. Price differs, but I know it’s not extra-ordinarily expensive, but not really cheap either. The package that I used to buy was about $20.

Nature-products
If you want to go cheap and simple, then go for these natural miracle workers:

Garlic Juice
You might think I’ve gone crazy, but I’m not kidding.  Putting garlic juice on your eyebrows is a trick known for many generations.  It’s quite cheap and available at your supermarket, but you could also make this yourself (search internet for the recipe), so why not give this a try?  


Wonder Oil
Okay, this is supposed to be a miracle worker. It really is a wonder oil. I’ve heard so many good things about it that I was ready to buy it. But I changed my mind since my eyebrows are growing much faster than I expected (I’m actually growing my eyebrows out right now, that’s what inspired this article) Wonder Oil is wonderfully cheap, it’s about $5 if it’s not less and you can buy this at the drugstore.

 
4. Get your eyebrows done by a professional.
Then when your eyebrows are back and you're ready to bring them into shape, pay a visit to your beauty therapist or visit a brow-bar like the one from Benefit that is often found in Sephora's. If you get it done right the first time then maintaining the shape will be much easier since you only have to pluck the hairs that come back and you can leave the rest of your eyebrows alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment