Welcome to The Pink Orchid Blog! This blog is an extension of my YouTube Channel. Here you can find background information on my posted videos. Also there are some articles you can read that I have written in the past before I started to focus mainly on my Dutch Beautyblog and on vlogging in English over at YouTube.

Follow The Pink Orchid On:

Follow Me on Twitter’ Twitter Atom/RSS Bloglovin'

Monday, April 4, 2011

Tutorial: Home-Made Chocolate Facial Mask!

 Do you love chocolate? Well, I certainly do! But there are more things you can do with chocolate than eating it. It's great to make a delicious chocolate facial mask with. Now why would you do that, I hear you ask! Well, this chocolate mask will leave your skin squeaky clean and divinely soft. And it will only take you a few minutes to make.

Ingredients

Cacao, honey & yoghurt. 
If you only have one of these ingredients, no problem! 
If the only thing you have is cacao: Add just a teaspoon boiled water to 2 tablespoons of cacao and you already have yourself a chocolate mask. 
If you only have either honey or yoghurt, or both: Honey & yoghurt doesn't need anything else or each other to make a good facial mask. Honey nourishes your skin, has the ability to attract water and is a natural anti-septic. Yoghurt is especially great for sensitive or sunburned skin, since it is very mild and cools down & moisturises the skin, it also makes it smoother.

Directions 

 1. Take 3 tablespoons, or 2 very filled ones with cacao and put it in the bowl.

2. Add 1 tablespoon of yoghurt.

 3. Add 1 tablespoon of honey.

 4. Stir it up. The mixture has to be quite thick, if you feel it is too thin add some more cacao.

5. Apply the mixture very thinly to your face with your hands. You have to really spread it out well, this will prevent dripping. But I do recommend putting a towel or something over your clothes just in case. 

6. Leave it on for at least 15 minutes. Personally I'm not so strict with time, sometimes I leave a mask (whether on my face, hair or body) on for hours if I have the time.


7. Rinse it off with warm water.

8. All finished! Warning: you might not be able to stop touching your face once you feel how clean and soft it is. :P

~

No comments:

Post a Comment